Well we are now in Capetown.
Yesterday Johan and I borrowed Pa's car for the day and Johan took me on a tikki tour. We went all around Capetown (its huge), up Table mountain as far as the road would go, out to Hout Bay where Hilary used to run James House which is similar to Homes of Hope where I used to work with Hil in Tauranga, off to other beaches, up to Rhodes memorial, to the oldest vineyard for lunch. We had a lovely day. It really is a beautiful place. he 2 let downs are - the water is cold and the amount of security needed. I think its nicer than either NZ or Oz.
Today we headed back up to Langebaan which is about 100ks away. Ankie had to welcome new people into the flat up there and Johan had to fix the pool pump. Most of the way we drove at 140ks. Its long straight stretches and people pull to the side to let you pass and then once you have passed you flick your emergency lights to say thanks!! Thats normal everywhere :). On the side of the road in the scrub we saw Eland, zebra and heaps of ostrich.
Tomorrow Ankie and I will be shopping and cooking for Christmas eve and Christmas day, both of which are here at Ankies place. Johan is going over to Pa's to paint the facea boards on his house.
I am staring to think about home lots now, how we are all going to fit, what needs to be done, having smootches with my cat etc. Not long now.
I will try and shrink some photos and add them to the South Africa album.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment