What a day yesterday was. A real eye opener to how people live. We covered about 600 km, went through numerous mountains and road works. There are always people walking and sitting on the side of the road. The tribal lands are something else, makes you really think about how we do things. Supporting organisations that help the poor kids, made me think seeing what I saw that it would be more helpful to get in before that and get all the women on contraceptive injections to curb the flow of children being produced, then work on helping the kids, otheriwse its a neverending problem. Just so much filth and hardship and kids everywhere. 2 and 3 year olds sitting on the road watching the world go by. Made me a bit angry rather than sad, why bring all these little ones into the world. Hmmmm. Our NZ beneficaries have it sweet by comparison, and I have an opinion on that too... but I wont go there now.
The lodge we are in is huge, dont know if theyd even fill all the rooms. The weaver birds are stunning, in colour and in their nests and singing. So many. Think that's Africa - so much of everything, people, birds, land, its all over aweing.
We had a cool thunder storm last night and have woken to a beautiful day with a nice breeze.
I am loving guava juice - having glasses of it every day. YUM!
This is such an awesome country, so grand, so sad, so hard, and so full of life. It messes with your head.
We only have 300ks to do today to get to Durban and the sea! I'm looking forward to seeing the sea.
This is the best internet we have had the whole time, don't know what it will be like from day to day.
Lata.
1 comment:
I really love your Blog diary! I read it every day. Keep it up.
Post a Comment