Friday, December 14, 2012

Knysna

What fun we have. Because I needed to get from a to b quickly the other day, we missed on going to monkey and bird land and to the elephant place, so we got up yesterday morning and back tracked the 50k to go do. We got 10 min into our hour guided tour through the bush with the monkeys when it started to rain. The guide brought us out to shelter, the rain kept coming so we decided to leave. We got our rain jackets and went to bird land next door, started down there in the rain and the skies opened, lightening thunder torrential rain. We got soaked. All the birds went into hiding after the first crack of lightening. We had taken our togs and towels - we used them to put on the car seats to drive the 50 k home in sopping clothes. When we got back in Kynsna the sun was still shining (they havent had rain for ages). I decided I was starving and would be brave and eat something, so we went into town and to Spur, if you see our pics you will see what I chose for lunch. Not smart, so I was straight home again. Johan went for a wander back into town, its the nicest place I have seen yet, a lovely little town but alas not for me to explore.
So today we are on the road again, this time 300ks inland stopping at an old town that has something to do with ostraches, and then one that has an old Jewish history until getting to our place for the night which is known for its old buildings. Then the next day we make our way to Capetown and Ma and Pa, Ankie and the boys :)
No internet  tonight.

No comments: