Well its been a few days.
Sunday we went and checked out a church which I had seen on line when I was back in NZ and looking for Baptist churches over here. Hmm I envied Johan his hearing aids - because he could turn them down!! The first set of music was very loud. But on the whole we both thought it was a good place to go although we will have a look around at others for a few weeks. They have got a very interesting one day conference' coming up which I would love to go to - a Palestian and an Israeli who have fought on opposite sides are going to share their testimonies as they are both 'now commitied Christians'.
We have been out and about each day exploring differnt places around the area.
We went to Robina yesterday which has a huge mall and shopping centre, it was even bigger than canal walk in SA and anything we can even think of in NZ. It is massive!
Johan has bought himself a boogie board, but we have had a southly wind the last couple of days so the surf hasn't been nice.
Today we went on a waterway cruise. It was only for a couple of hours but was good to do. I have added photos to the auzzie folder on the right if you want to see.
Nothing to report on the job front yet. That guy that was so keen to get Johan on board has been quiet, we are not sure whats going on but think he has someone hes trying to get rid of and until he does cant get Johan on board. In the meantime we are still sussing other jobs out and have a few people to follow up tomorrow.
I got on the volunteering website today and had to get off quick - there were so many amazing things I wanted to volunteer to do! Lots of working with refugees, and in the volunteer centre itself - doing what I was paid to do when I was working in the volunteer centre in Tauranga. So once Johan has a job, we will then know where to look for a place to live and then I will sus a job or volunteer work.
We are still enjoying each others compnay 24/7 thankfully!
Oh we had an email from the guy buying our house in KK telling us we would have a contract to sign by Friday ( we didnt bother replying and asking 'which' Friday :) )
We are starting to sleep better now. Still awake by 5am but at least not waking up so much through the night. It is noisy being so close to the beach with the waves crashing - oh how sad never mind. Such a big problem - not! Walking the beach and boardwalk is awesome, and having the shops and markets so close and always the buzz of people is great.

No comments:
Post a Comment