Wednesday, May 1, 2013

In Auzzie

Well we have arrived. The flight over was fine until we touched down, and then I realised just what I had done - what and who I had left behind, and facing the unknown. So after a few tears as the plane taxied along to the airport I got myself under control and we stepped out into a beautiful sunny Gold Coast morning.
Our rental car was ready and waiting. We managed to fit all our bags in and headed north. We drove past the place where Johan is having his interview (as I type) and then arrived at our apartment about 11. Its really nice and fresh, clean, well set out and sunny. And right accross the road from the beach.
We have been for several walks ( of a couple of km each) along the boardwalk and beach. Have sat at a cafe and had a corona and a thai salad and watched the world go by.
Yesterday afternoon we went shopping for groceries, wow I have to learn the shops, the brands, the prices... its all new :)
Last night we crashed early so were awake at 4 this morning. I got up and had a shower and then we headed out for a walk along the boardwalk amongst all the runners and walkers and watched the sun come up at 6.15. Home for breakfast, other walk along the beach ( the water is 23 so very swimable) then back home where Johan has got into his gladrags and gone for his interview and I have unpacked our bags and made 'home'.
I have to be a bit careful of how much interent I use, so I will put a link up on the right hand side where you can click on it and go through to the photos I put up on Facebook ( you dont need to be part of facebook to be able to get to the photos). Let me know if it doesn't work for you.
Our cell phone number here is 0061 414136600 and we are using jota@clear.net.nz and jota@yuwei.net.nz

No comments: