Well we had a great time with Lei and Jake here. The weather was awesome (still is) so we got out lots, went to the beach swimming and sunbathing, Lei and Jake went visiting and to Dreamworld. Jjohan and Lei planned Lei and Jake's South African trip for next year. I tried to con Johan into us both going along to assist Lei with all her childhood memories etc but he wasn't buying it :( Guess my powers of persusion aren't as good as my dad would think ;)
While they were here we had to get our Opa car in to get fixed - the gear box was doing something funny, it was covered under the warranty but still a hassle to get it to the garage and then catch a taxi back to work (the workshops dont loan you cars over here), anyway Johan finally picked it up and was driving back to work, he stopped at a roundabout as a truck was coming through but the woman behind him had decided she could get through before the truck, not seeing Johan had stopped, and went into the back of him.Johan was fine. The car crumpled! I am shocked, I thought a European car would be made of tougher stuff.
It had to be towed to the panel beaters and is still with them now. They say they think the insurance company will write it off, we are still waiting to hear from the insurance company. Johan says my door wont even open cos the whole thing has been shunted forward.
Anyway he got a rental for 2 weeks (through the insurance) which is not long enough for a car to be fixed or written off SO we went shopping and after much deliberation we now have another car. Johan says its the nicest car he's ever had so thats good. I like it cos its high up and I always feel better then.
Its a 2007 Toyota Rav.
If by chance the Opa car does get fixed then it will be my Oma car :)
The other bit of news is that we had been looking for a couch to go in our lounge that kinda went with the 2 armchairs we had picked up from the op shop. We have been lokking for ages, in new and second hand shops and not finding anything that we really liked or thought would go with our 'look'. 2 Armchairs is fine when its just the two of us but...
Anyway a few weeks ago we were driving along and on the side of the road were two 2 seaters without squabs and with a 'free' sign on them. We couldnt fit them in the OPa car so we left them. A week later there was still one left. Sez offered to take reubs and I in her ute to collect it, which we did. It is the exact same style as our 2 op shop chairs :) I went to our awesome fabric barn, they didnt have anymore of the fabric I had done the armchairs in, but I did find some fabric that I loved so grabbed it for $8 a metre. Yesterday we went and bought a $60 foam single mattress to make squabs and now we have a cool couch :)
On Saturday Johan, Reubs and I went out and about and Reubs and Johan each bought a fishing rod (we had given Reuben a birthday voucher to buy one) so now they are all set to catch us dinner :)
We put them in the car yesterday and the 3 of us went up to Colundra, with the intention of fishing and sunbathing etc. When we got there we left everything in the car and went walking over the rocks. We found blue coral, aeneomes, marine tropical fish, live kauri shells. It was awesome, of course it made Reubs even more yearning for a marine setup again. So we spent a few hours exploring the rock pools before hunger overcame us and we went to a neat seaside cafe, had a yummy lunch while listening to a guy sing along with his guitar, then we did the rocks on the other end of the beach before heading home.
Loving living here!




No comments:
Post a Comment