Sunday, April 27, 2008

I suspose I should explain why we ever got to look at the big white house... we had been thinking about ultimately ending up with a little place by the sea. So we started looking at sections, thinking that if we could get a cheap section now while people are getting out of the property market, we could stick the caravan on it, or build a shed and use it as a weekend getaway until such time as we retired. Thne we'd have this little piece of paradise that in 20 years will be worth so much more than what we could get it for now. We found a couple on the interent ad set off yesterday to have a look see. Well they might have been the right price but they were either on such a slope you wouldn't even be able to build a slide on it, or it might be near the sea but it was sunk in a valley with no sun and no view. So we came home a little disheartened. Johan got on the interent - now if I get on the interent I put my top price limit so I don't find things I can't have, Johan didn't! and so he came up with this white house, that true - is a huge bargain, we saw sections there for 600 thou!... but it doesn't quite fit with our budget of 150 thou for a section. So there you have the story. And anyone who kows me knows that when I see a bargain... well I find it very hard to let it slip away.. but sometimes a brick wall is only a brick wall andthere's no way round.

No comments: