Saturday, December 28, 2013

Holiday Time

We our holiday began as soon as Reuben and I stepped through the door after work on Friday. Johan was already home and had a lovely evening planned for us. He had the table all set, drinks chilled and a 5 course meal planned :) and even gifts.
It was a lovely evening.
The following morning it was up and off to Hervey Bay which is about 3.5 hours north of here. We had a unit booked for 6 nights. We loved it, the unit was ok, 2 bed nothing special, but the grounds and the position were awesome. Palms and pathways so even though it was a big complex it felt secluded. The pool and surround were lovely with lots of sun loungers and shady palms, the pool was over everyones head except Johans! it was shallower on the edges. It was accross the road from the beach which wasn't a surf beach because of Frazer Island but it was a lovely beach for walking along and the water so soooo warm. The first full day there we were up early to get JOhan out for his seaplane flight (which I had got as a suprise Christmas present).
The rest of the time we lazed, read, swam, walked and ate Indian takeaway for dinner every night (because it was 6 paces down the road so no driving involved, and I didn't have to cook). Christmas day we went for a drive, collected some coral as we walked along miles of beach then came home had cold drinks and chippies for 'lunch', swam and read until it was dinner - curry time again!
On boxing day Johan and I hired a kayak for an hour and I paddled and he followed along behind, walking most of the way, to a coral reef which is about 100 metres off shore. He saw coral and fish, not like fiji but still... Even I could see it from sitting in the kayak. Was lovely being on the water and in a kayak again :)
We saw lots of things we'd like to do - camel riding on the beach, glass bottom boat out to an island, fraser Island tour and other things but we decided we'll go back another time and this was just a totally chilled relaxing time.
We arrived home yesterday and am now getting the washing up to date and just taking it easy STILL!
Johan only has a week left of holidays. We plan to go to a part of Brisbane that is know as little Africa (all the Africans that arrive in Auz tend to live there and there are some amazing shops etc), we have also been invited to go up to Tim and Gail's (Tim was my old boyfriend when I was like 15, his parents were part of the church my uncle pastored for years in whangaparoa), they were in Brisbane, about 15 min from us and have just moved up to the Sunshine Coast, Tim has a boat and is keen for us all to meet up and go out on it :), JOhan and I have also booked ourselves a 2 night getaway down the Gold Coast, we will wake up down there the morning he turns 50! and then make our way home that day, it's only 1.5 hours so no biggy but I thought I should have him home to receive any phone calls family might try to make :)
So that is about up to date with what we have been up to.
I have put new photos up and the link is on the right hand side labelled Christmas holiday.
Ohhh Mum, I was telling you how dry it is - I took a bit of video on my phone driving home yesterday. Here it is


No comments: