Saturday, November 9, 2013

ticky tours

sorry, I have been really bad at keeping this updated. Working keeps me busy ;)
We are getting out everywhere weekend to discover somewhere new and different.
A month ago we had a good friend (Berta) from NZ come and stay and the 4 of us went up to the Glass house Mountains (about 40 min north of here) and then to the sunshine coast for a womble around the rockpools and ocean. Reubs collected some coral and has set up a natural marine tank from bit collected and has added a puffer and a 'something lips? might be a sweet lips, it's a marine fish with cool black and white markings. He got those just down the road where they always go fishing.
Then the following weekend we did a trip along the sunshine coast. The next - on the Saturday Johan and I discovered Bribie Island and surrounds (at the moment they have a big bush fire on there :( ). Sunday- Johan had to go price a job down the line a bit and on the 'way home' we went and collected Becka and her 3 girls who came and stayed for a bit. Today Johan and I went inland past the glasshouse mountains to a couple of little really cool towns. They had co-ops and crafty shops, a German clock shop, an Italian glass shop, lots of crafty places and cafes. It was 400 metres above sea level and awesome views and cool rainforest type vegetation. I think the easiest is for me to add new photos on the right hand side for you to check out.THE PHOTOS are under 'weekend travels' at the bottom of the photo list. I did take some video with my phone... It just shows the vegetation really.

No comments: