Monday, September 23, 2013

A job :)

Ohh and in other news... I have got a job :) A little one and short term, but yay its with lovely people and its a fun job AND it won't conflict with Johan's holidays :)
The company is called gifts to a door. http://www.giftstoadoor.com.au/  if you want to see the pics.
Carole and her hubby set the internet business up 10 years ago. They work all year round but in the run up to Christmas they get really busy and employ a few extra staff. I saw the ad in our local freebee paper and applied, got a phone interview, got short listed, had a hard case interview - lots of laughs, we got on really well, she's a kiwi, and then went a did a test run and got the job. So basically we are in an airconditioned (thankfully) warehouse with lots of chocolates, alcohol, yummies and ribbons making up gift baskets to order. There is a team of 5 making up the baskets and nearer Christmas they have 5 full time drivers delivering, they operate with Carole and one other during the year and one driver. Next month will be part time hours and then November and December will be fulltime. Come Christmas eve it'll be the end of the job which is fine cos then Johan is off for 2 weeks so we can enjoy a holiday together (and hopefully with some other family as well....)
I have finally located a, resonably local, school that has international students so I plan on contacting them a bit closer to the end of the year and trying to orgainse to get a position with them to start next year.

2 comments:

SarahBean said...

Ooh good, then you can hook me up with a homestayer! I thought J finished on the 20th?

Jota said...

A homestay student needs their own room....
Yup he does finish on the 20th and so can I :)