Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Birthday

Johan and I had a lovely day yesterday. We packed a thermos, our togs and a few nibbles and headed south. We checked out a few houses for sale, just looking...
Ocean Beach was beautiful as always, crystal clear water and white sand. Johan bought me a new phone for my birthday - one that takes better pics than the ones I took on my old phone of the floods! So I took a few photos but I have learnt it is not so easy to put and shoot when you are the focus of the photo!


When we got home the girls had organised Reuben into cooking nancho beef and they had made a cake, set up the the corn chips and sour cream and cheese, had the wine ready, and invited my friend from work. So we had a yummy dinner and cake. So a great day.



Today I got to work and my boss called me in as soon as I got there, and asked me if I would increase my hours to 32 per week. I have just gone from 8 to 16 and now 32! Due in part to the Christchurch earthquakes there are a lot of misplaced international students whose agents are not keen on them remaining in CC so are looking to place them through out the country which means a whole lot more work for us, hence my increased hours. So I am now working 8.30 to 4.30 4 days a week. AND we are taking on another student for a month, a 12 year old Thai girl. It's going to be busy at our place!
Johan is off to Tauranga tomorrow to get the house down there up to scratch to relet. Anyone down there at a loose end - head for Haukore st Johan would love to give you a paint brush to swing on!!

No comments: