Monday, June 22, 2009

New Boss

I met my new boss today.

Finally they have appointed someone. She is a very 'bubbly' maori woman who blasphems a lot. We will see, I think she will be a lot better to work for, a lot quicker as long as her language improves.

My old boss is due to leave at the end of the month.

Most else is status quo here. I caught a bus up to Whangamata on Friday, Johan had to work Saturday so I went up and spent the night with him and then we came back together on Saturday afternoon. It was great to see where he spends his week days.

My old beautiful fluffly cat Smudgey had to go to the vet last week, it doesn't look good - a tumor so big in her tummy they can't feel anything else. She is still eating, talking and bossing the dogs around... but... so Reuben and I are just coming to terms with not having her around anymore before taking her to the vet. Very sad, she has been a very talkative part of our our family for 16 years, Reuben chose her when he was 3 and at Montesouri pre school. Life does go on...

1 comment:

sarah said...

oh no, poor smudge :(