Thursday, January 9, 2014

few days away and now back to work for some

Johan and I had a lovely 2 days in the Gold Coast. We had (well I had) booked a nice 4 star hotel and it was lovely :)
We spent a lot of time in and by this pool :)
The views from our room were looking over to the Hinterland from the 11th floor and we could also see the sea from the deck

We just had a really relaxing time swimming nibbling and supping wine.
When we were by the pool it almost felt like we were on the cruise ship - a waiter came round to ask us if we would like to order drinks :) Mojitos!!! Yummm.
We left there on Saturday (the morning of Johan's 50th). It was sooo hot on the way home - temps at 39! We got home to the airconditioned apartment only to have it die an hour later. We are waiting for the manager to get it replaced.
The weather is still very hot, although a bit better after an evening thunder storm and some rain during the night.
On Sunday Johan and I went up to see Tim (my old friend from Whangaparoa days) and his wife Gail. They have just moved to a beautiful property just inland on the Sunshine coast. They have views for miles and are perched in a huge poll house on the side of a cliff.
And now it's Thursday and Johan has been back at work for 4 days and is hohum about it and I am home and going crazy not working!
I am looking forward to lots of exciting visitors later in the year :)



No comments: