We are getting so much rain at the moment. Hope it is all over before Christmas.
We have had a very social weekend - Johan's boss and wife around for dinner on Saturday night and off to an ex student's for a birthday lunch today. The weekend has also involved trips to the airport for me to see off students on their way back to their home countries. I also got all my Christmas cards done and posted. The rooms are ready for our next lot of students and guests.Johan even got the lawns mown. Not bad for a wet weekend. Now summer - please show yourself and hang around for a good few months!
And just an aside - I have really itchy feet (I want to travel). Johan is still waking up with the sun at 5 am and is getting on the computer(in bed) sussing out our South Africa trip. Reuben is planning on going to Italy in the middle of the year. Fie has given me lucky lotto numbers so we can win lotto and go and visit her...
I'm keen for any of it ;) So much to see, shame it all costs! Hopefully I can at least get to see Sez and her baby in Feb..., and then take an international student group to Fiji in April... and anything else I can get away with.
We are busy selling stuff on Trade me, more to get rid of way too much clutter, it's not going to make us rich, but I guess every little bit helps.
Ok back to the real world. Dishes need doing, the Christmas cake still isn't made, oh and we need a Christmas tree... travel is so much more appealing.....
No comments:
Post a Comment