Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Secrets

I forgot to tell...
I organised a suprise night away for Johan and I.
The Sunday after the black and Silver party (wow that was nearly 2 weeks ago) I asked Johan if he wanted to go for a Sunday drive just the two of us. He agreed and off we set. He knew nothing (but I had snuck a bag in the back of the car a few days before with overnight essentials- tooth brush, underwear, wine...), we deicided to head west and off we went. We stopped in Rawene and had a coffee on the waterfront, then went for a walk over a track we had done when Ma and Pa were with us last time, and just had a nice ticky tour. Then I suggested we go down to the Copthorne and see if they had a spare unit (which I had booked weeks before including an eveing meal and breakfast the following morning). We were given a lovely unit upstairs that when you sat on the deck you could just see the water and hear the waves pumping onto the shore. It was bliss, hardly anyone there, a lovely stroll along the beach, wine on the deck while the sun set, and then dinner -which I didn't have to cook!. I had also t'ed it up with his boss that he wouldn't be in early so we enjoyed a lazy morning and yummy breakfast before heading back home. It was a really nice little break to recharge on our own. (Just so you know - I got the 'deal' off "grab one" - I love that website :)



The 3 girls and Reuben all knew and were happy to hold the fort and cook for themselves and even get themselves off to school in the morning.

No comments: