Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back to my first love

I have been asked by the president of the Ethnic council if I will run an English class.

I have been given the room, and so far 10 ladies, the president is sorting the sponsorship all I have to do is go there and 'teach'. I am very excitied to be back in this enviroment again. I will be doing it on my only day off - a Friday. Who knows where it will lead.

It is so nice to be right in a 'people field' and really making a difference in peoples lives rather than just working to earn money. I love this kind of 'work' best.

My head is buzzing with ideas to do with these ladies. They are individuals who's children go to school, husbands are back in their homeland and so they feel isolated and don't know how to get involved in our society. Anyone who knows me - knows this is my kind of challenge.

I can almost start to be happy that young J boy turned my life upside down so I ended up back here.. well maybe I won't go quite that far... but life is ok and getting better...

2 comments: